Are you ready for the biggest day of your life? With all the wedding planning in place and the countdown beginning to your big summer wedding one area you should be starting to focus on is self-care. Read on to discover tips and tricks such as using tea tree oil for hair care and how to avoid skin break outs in the lead up to your big day. Plus, we’ll share top tips for how you can ensure you look your best from dawn ‘til dusk on your big day.
How to prepare your hair and skin for your wedding day
One thing you can guarantee about your wedding day is that you will have lots of photos taken of you. You want to make sure your hair and skin looks its best, so here are some easy steps to get yourself in perfect condition ready for your wedding day.
- Regularly exfoliate. Pesky dead skin cells and blackheads are not ideal forever remembered in photo-form from your wedding day! Ensure you exfoliate regularly to ensure you have smooth, beautiful skin ready for manicures and make-up, as well as having your legs out if you’ve chosen a shorter dress to suit the summer months.
- Massage oil into your hands and feet. For a summer wedding it’s likely you’ve chosen sling-back or open-toe shoes! Adding an oil massage to your skin care routine is a great way to make sure your skin is soft and photo ready.
- Use oils like tea tree oil for hair care as part of your regular beauty regime. Tea tree oil is a great, natural way to give your hair a boost. From helping to treat dandruff to encouraging better hair growth by cleaning out your pores, this natural oil is the perfect addition to your pre-wedding beauty routine. Simply add it to your favourite shampoo, body cream or other product to reap the rewards.
- When styling your hair, avoid heat styling or use heat protection. In the summer months the best way to dry your hair is to do so naturally, however if you’re in a rush don’t forget to use a heat protection spray before blow drying or using curling irons or straighteners.
- Avoid damaging your hair ahead of your updo appointment by using a comb. Using a wide tooth comb instead of a brush when your hair is wet will help prevent damage to your hair. If you need to detangle knots simply rub coconut oil into the ends of your hair.
You can also check our additional guide on Bridal preparation: Hair Care Tips ahead of the Wedding Day
How to stay looking fresh on your wedding day
Once you’re ready for your big summer wedding, there are two tips to bear in mind when making sure you look your best in all your photos.
- Make sure you wear sunscreen. The last thing you want is for your skin to burn and be left with red, raw skin in all your photos of your big day.
- Stay hydrated. It can be easy to get carried away on your big day and forget to eat and drink. It is important you keep your skin, hair and body hydrated by drinking plenty of water to look and feel your best all day long.
Whilst planning your wedding day can be stressful, looking and feeling your best doesn’t need to be. With these tips to prepare for your wedding day and stay looking your best on the big day itself it’s super easy to be the belle of the ball!