For most brides their wedding day is the biggest day of their lives, and as such they not only want everything to go smoothly, but they want to look perfect too. Self-care is so important in the lead up to your special day, and starting as early as possible with your skin and hair care routine will give you a better chance of having a perfect bridal glow on your wedding day.
Here are some hair care tips and advice to ensure that your hair is in tip top condition, ready for becoming a wife.
Get a hair cut
One of the most important ways to care for your hair to make sure that you get it cut regularly, and this is especially important when you are heading towards such a significant day in your life. Having a regular trim in the lead up to your wedding will ensure that you remove dead, broken ends and keep your hair healthy as it grows. If you do not keep on top of split ends, they ‘travel’ up your hair, which can leave it brittle and weak. Taking care of it now will ensure that it is in perfect condition for your wedding.
Focus on having a healthy diet
Including your diet in amongst these hair care tips should not come as a surprise. A lot of brides would love to have the perfect up do on their wedding day, and if that is you, then you need to ensure you are eating a healthy and balanced diet. This will help your hair both stay in the best condition and also promote growth. Try and increase your protein intake with foods such as chicken, fish and eggs; while focusing on foods such as yellow peppers and sweet potatoes to help promote growth in your hair.
Increase your vitamin C, biotin and iron intake
These three vitamins will help you to keep your hair healthy and in the best condition in the lead up to your big day.
- Vitamin C is not only vital to the natural luminosity of your skin, but also works as an antioxidant fighting the stress that causes hair to age and turn grey.
- Biotin works to increase the strength of your hair and reduce hair loss.
- Iron is a great vitamin for promoting hair growth. You can either increase these vitamins within your diet or take a supplement, but they will all help your hair before your wedding!
Follow a three step hair care routine
There are three important ways to care for your hair and keep it both healthy and shiny.
- Shampooing each day or at least every other day using a gentle shampoo is necessary. Be sure to only use shampoo on the scalp and let the lather clean your hair.
- Condition your hair; but be sure to only use it on the hair and not on the scalp.
- Add a serum which will offer extra protection from pollution and harmful sun-rays. It will also give your hair that perfect shine whilst making it much easier to manage.
Now that you have all the hair care tips you need to get ready for your special day, be sure to implement them in your daily routine and reap the benefits of having your hair in the best condition it can be as you walk up the aisle.