Saying, “Yes!” is the first step, now you’re planning for your wedding and getting ready for the best day of your life! As well as getting all the finishing touches in place, you’ll want to look your best too. Here you’ll find top tips and tricks for both choosing your style and caring for your hair; such as coconut oil benefits for hair and booking in a hair trial. With this guide you’ll be able to look and feel your best on your wedding day.
Tips to have beautiful, healthy hair on your big day
Picking out your favourite up-do for your wedding day is only half the story. Here are top tips to care for your hair so it’s not only beautiful but healthy when your big day arrives.
- Start using coconut oil for hair care regularly. After melting, coconut oil can be used to moisturise your scalp, detangle the ends of your hair, treat dandruff and condition your hair. With its many uses and thanks to its fatty acids, vitamins and minerals coconut oil can help you have gorgeous, healthy hair on your wedding day.
- Protect your hair when styling. Always use a heat protection spray when blow drying, straightening or curling your hair. To avoid breakages in the lead up to your big day try to us loose, comfortable styles such as braids.
- Avoid damaging your hair by using a comb. A wide-tooth comb is the best way to avoid damage when detangling your hair, especially if your hair is wet.
- Wash the day before. Whether you’re attending a hair trial or preparing for your wedding day itself, wash your hair the day before not the morning of. Keep it free of styling products, and this will mean it’s in the best condition for putting your style together on your big day.
Check out additional information for 5 Upcoming Wedding Trends for 2019
Preparing your hair style
Now you know how to care for your hair, it’s time to choose your style. Whether you want long, wavy hair or the ultimate up-do there are so many different styles you can choose. Here’s how to prepare for choosing your favourite style.
- Choose your dress first. Different styles will work well with different dress shapes. Whilst an extravagant up-do will suit a bride who’s picked out the ultimate princess dress; a loose, hair-down style may look better for a bride with a short dress.
- Think about your venue. Long, wavy hair is well suited to walking across the sand to make your vows at a beach wedding, whilst a bun finished off with a tiara is perfect for the bride who’s chosen a castle venue.
Make sure you have plenty of time on the day. To get the perfect style, and not have to rush to put something together; make sure that you have plenty of time put aside on the day to get your chosen style done before the ceremony starts.
Here an additional guide to manage your bridal preparation: Bridal Beauty Prep Timeline
Whilst planning your big day can be a bit stressful at times, your hair care and hairstyle planning need not be. From using coconut oil for hair care to booking in your hair trial you can be sure to have the healthy and beautiful hair when your big day comes around.